I would just like to point out that there IS in fact a hierarchy of SBTB seasons. And this ranking is important. And I bring this up because while I had just accustomed myself to the Miss Bliss years, I turned the TV on this morning (I happen like the mindless background noise in the mornings) and found The College Years. Ick!
For those who may not know, this is the proper order of significance for SBTB (in order from best to worst):
- Original high school: Straight up Saturday morning TV gold. Zack, Kelly, Slater, Jessie, Lisa and Screech. And Belding, of course.
- High school, the Tori Years: Kelly and Jessie are conspicuously absent from this second senior year.
- Good Morning Miss Bliss: This is ranked higher than The College Years because of the sheer awesomeness of the Casey Kasem Dance Party episode pop star goes college student/secret identity/birth of Hannah Montana episode when Zack tries to kiss teen queen Stevie. (Thanks to Jimmy for pointing out my HUGE error. I’m so ashamed….)
- The College Years: Big snooze. Kelly dates a professor. Zack tries to date Leslie. And no one seems concerned that all that incestuous group dating still results in Zack and Kelly getting married.
- Hawaiian Style: While Kelly mentions an uncle in Honolulu she neglects to mention the grandfather until the gang gets tropic.
- Malibu Sands: The summer the original cast spent working the beach club. Also features Leah Remini, as bitchy as always.
- Wedding in Vegas: A bit too reminiscent of Sister Act to be ranked higher. But we finally see our 2 lovebirds tie the knot.
And there you have it. The way these episodes should be airing. As much as I would love to see Jessie freak out about how there’s “NEVER ANY TIME” and the next day watch Zack and Kelly break up because she’s getting it on with her boss at The Max, I just can’t condone such blatant season mixing.
I mean, some things are just too sacred.